Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy in Airdrie is now accepting applications for a part time pharmacy assistant/technician. Our clinic sees patients in advance of their travel, and we provide consultations, immunizations, prescriptions and other travel-related retail items. Our office looks and feels like a physician`s office even though it is considered a pharmacy. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the clinic, which includes the following:
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date patient charts, including data entry of patient care information into health records software
- Billing of charges to drug plans, and troubleshooting any problems if necessary
- Accurate preparation of prescription medications and assistance in preparation of vaccines to be administered by nurses or pharmacists
- Inventory control of medication and vaccines including ordering and receiving stock, and returning expired products
- Monitoring vaccine fridge temperatures
- Managing and faxing patient reports
- Assisting with reception/customer service duties as required, including
- Greet people
- Answer, screen, and forward telephone calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Receive and issue payments
- Order office supplies
- Education in a pharmacy technician, pharmacy assistant, or medical office assistance program is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Experience in working in a pharmacy department or medical clinic is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work both independently with minimum or no supervision and in a team environment
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail is very important
- Professionalism and ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
Clinic hours are Wednesday 12-7, Thursday 12-7, Friday 9-5, and Saturday 9-1. During the winter months, we usually open on Saturdays afternoons and some Tuesdays as well. We have no plans of being open on Sundays or holidays. This positon will be for Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays as well as some Saturdays. In the busier months when our hours are extended on Saturdays and Tuesdays there will the opportunity to pick up additional hours. We will provide a competitive wage, good working conditions, a chance to advance your skills, and flexibility regarding hours and holidays. We want to give you the freedom to be yourself. Contact us by sending in your application by email to jason(at)polaristravelclinic.ca or call the clinic at 403-980-TRIP (8747) for more information.