Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy can directly bill vaccinations and prescriptions to many employee drug benefits plans, just like in a typical pharmacy. Coverage varies depending on the individual plan. Check with your insurance plan for more information.
Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy Consultation Fees
** The cost of each vaccine is in addition to the consultation fees**
*** The injection fee is included in the consultation fee at the initial appointment, any subsequent appointments for injections will be charged the $20.00 injection fee per visit***
Basic Appointment – $30.00
- Includes basic consultation and administration of vaccine
- For patients wanting a vaccine with NO travel plans
Resort Consultation (Mexico, Caribbean)
- Individual $40.00
- Couple $75.00
- Family (up to 4 people) $120.00 (additional $20.00/ extra person)
- Includes basic consultation, educational information and administration of vaccine
- For patients travelling to a resort, and uncomplicated itinerary
- Individual $60.00
- Couple $100.00
- Family (up to 4 people) $150.00 (additional $35.00/ extra person)
- Includes an in-depth consultation, educational information, and administration of vaccine
- For patients travelling elsewhere, or with complex, extended, or uncertain itineraries (at the discretion of healthcare provider)
- Malarial risk assessment included in this consultation
Immunization Review $50.00
- For educational or employment purposes
- Includes review of immunizations, basic assessment, and the administration of vaccines
Mantoux TB Skin Test $60.00
- No consultation required
- Includes a pretest assessment, injection, and follow-up read appointment
- Patient must return 48-72 hours after initial appointment to have the test read. If the read appointment is missed the test is VOID and must be redone, original fees apply.
Injection Fee $20.00
- Standard fee in all pharmacies across Alberta
- For patients bringing in vaccines from other pharmacies, or, a prescription from physician
- All subsequent booster appointments
Are you planning travel for a group? Special rates are available. Contact us for more information.
We mostly see our patients by scheduled appointments. Usually we can schedule you in the same week, and we can often get you in the same day or the next day if necessary. Walk-ins are accepted but you may have to wait until a scheduled appointment is completed.
Hepatitis A (junior) $45 per dose – more info
Hepatitis B (adult) $40 per dose – more info
Hepatitis B (junior) $30 per dose – more info
Twinrix (adult) $75 per dose – more info
Twinrix (junior) $45 per dose – more info
Pneumococcal 20 (Prevnar) $140
Typhoid (oral or injection) $50 – more info
Meningococcal B $135 per dose
Dukoral (two dose) $120 – more info
Yellow Fever $165 – more info
Meningococcus ACWY $148 – more info
Polio $70 – more info
Japanese Encephalitis $244 per dose – more info
Rabies $245 per dose intramuscularly – more info
Tetanus/Diphtheria $40 – more info
Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis $55 – more info
Shingles inactivated (Shingrix) $160 per dose
Measles/Mumps/Rubella $55 – more info
We can fill your travel health related prescription at Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy, whether you had a consultation appointment with us or if you want to bring us a prescription written by another prescriber. Our dispensary keeps ample stock of the following medications:
Antimalarial drugs such as Malarone, chloroquine, mefloquine, and doxycycline
Antibiotics for traveller’s diarrhea such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), azithromycin (Zithromax), and cefixime (Suprax)
Medications to prevent and/or treat altitude sickness such as acetazolamide (Diamox)
We also stock items such as EpiPens and meclizine for nausea.
Prices vary depending on quantity. Contact us for details.
Please note: if you bring in a prescription from another prescriber, you won’t be charged any additional consultation fees and we will attempt to directly bill your drug plan. You can book an prescription fill appointment time to ensure you don’t have to wait. If you walk in with a prescription, you may have to wait until the pharmacist is done a scheduled appointment before they process your prescription.
Non travel vaccines: If you are not going on a trip and need a vaccine such as tetanus, shingles, HPV, or Hepatitis B, we can provide a non-travel vaccine assessment and then prescribe and administer the vaccine. Non-travel vaccine appointment: injection fee of $20 per person per visit
Annual Medication Review and Assessment A 30 to 60 minute review and assessment by one of our pharmacists of each of your prescription and non-prescription medications, as well as any herbal remedies and supplements is NO CHARGE with Alberta health care and meeting eligibility requirements listed here.