Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy is accepting applications for a pharmacy assistant or medical office assistant. Our clinic sees patients in advance of their travel, and we provide consultations, immunizations, prescriptions and other travel-related retail items. Our office looks and feels like a physician`s office even though it is considered a pharmacy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the clinic, which includes the following:
- Creating and maintaining up-to-date patient charts, including data entry of patient care information into health records software
- Billing of charges to drug plans, and troubleshooting any problems if necessary
- Accurate preparation of prescription medications and assistance in preparation of vaccines to be administered by nurses or pharmacists
- Inventory control of medication and vaccines including ordering and receiving stock, and returning expired products
- Monitoring vaccine fridge temperatures
- Managing and faxing patient reports
- Assisting with reception/customer service duties as required, including
- Greet people
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Receive and issue payments
- Order office supplies
- Education in a pharmacy technician, pharmacy assistant, or medical office assistant program is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Experience in working in a pharmacy department or medical clinic is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work both independently with minimum or no supervision and in a team environment
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail is very important
- Professionalism and ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
Clinic hours are currently Wednesday 12-7, Thursday 12-7, Friday 9-5, and Saturday 9-1, but will be expanding to Tuesdays and extending our Saturdays in the fall. We have no plans of being open on Sundays or holidays.
We will provide a competitive wage, good working conditions, a chance to advance your skills, and flexibility regarding hours and holidays. We want to give you the freedom to be yourself.
You can send us your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by fax to 403-980-9042. For more information, contact us at 403-980-8747.